Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pes Films

Okay a post before my mind and body completely crashes. 

Enough about me, I promised myself I wouldn't blog about personal issues. On to what I wanted to share.

PES!

aka Adam Pesapane is a director and animator of several hilarious short films and commercials. His earlier work was inspired by another amazing animator Jan Švankmajer. He transforms everyday objects into magical and twisted characters. A relatively new director who has been only active for about 8 years he's received attention by winning the award for best film in Annecy International Animation Film Festival in France 2002 for his work "Roof Sex." The film itself is only a minute long, but took 20 days to shoot. Asides from the obvious reason the stop-motion technique being a time consuming process, Pesapane had to wait for perfect blue skies in order to have consistancy and enough sunlight to light the film. Watch it yourself and decide. nb: NSFW

Western Spaghetti has to be a favourite of mine because it combines 2 loves of mine. Food and Animation basically. It's received over 3 million hits online and I can't believe I haven't seen it until recently earlier this month, but I've been spreading and linking it like mad to people who would enjoy it.

Pes has a ton of other videos that you can check out on his website. The ads especially are funny in this disturbed way but if you think about it, very effective.

http://www.eatpes.com/

Thank you Jin aka Regine for showing me PES.

1 comment:

  1. in awe...emailing link off to a friend now who will be sure to appreciate. i always wish i could just come up with a simple yet genius idea when i see things like this!!

    x

    ReplyDelete